Journals, Organizations, and Conferences
Journals in Rhetoric and Composition
The following journals are available electronically and in hard copy through the Texas State Library. Please note that this list does not represent all journals in the field.
- College Composition and Communication
- College English
- Composition Studies
- Computers and Composition
- Discourse and Society
- English Journal
- Journal of Basic Writing
- Language in Society
- Research in the Teaching of English
- Rhetoric Review
- Rhetoric Society Quarterly
- Teaching English in the Two-Year College
- Written Communication
The following journals are available only online through the Texas State Library periodical list:
The following journals are avilable only as a hardcopy through the Texas State Library:
Organizations & Conferences in Rhetoric and Composition
- The Doctoral Consortium in Rhetoric and Composition is a valuable resource for anyone who is considering continuing his or her studies at the Ph.D. level.
- The National Council of Teachers of English is an organization dedicated to issues related to the teaching of English.
- The Conference on College Composition and Communication is the largest professional organization in the field of composition. Its annual conferences are attended by many in the Texas State MARC department.
- Kairos is an academic journal that concerns itself with rhetoric, technology, and pedagogy.
- The International Writing Centers Association fosters the growth and development of writing center directors and tutors.
- The Council for Writing Program Administrators is an association of university faculty with professional interests in directing writing programs.
- The Rhetoric Society of America is a professional organization dedicated to the study and teaching of rhetoric.
- Computers and Writing explores the ways in which computer-mediated communication affects our writing practices.