Journals, Organizations, and Conferences
Journals in Rhetoric and Composition
The following journals are available electronically and as a hardcopy through the Texas State Library:
- College Composition and Communication
- College English
- Composition Studies
- Computers and Composition
- Discourse and Society
- English Journal
- Journal of Basic Writing
- Language in Society
- Research in the Teaching of English
- Rhetoric Review
- Rhetoric Society Quarterly
- Teaching English in the Two-Year College
- Written Communication
The following journals are available only online through the Texas State Library periodical list:
The following journals are avilable only as a hardcopy through the Texas State Library:
Organizations & Conferences in Rhetoric and Composition
- The Doctoral Consortium in Rhetoric and Composition is a valuable resource for anyone who is considering continuing his or her studies at the Ph.D. level.
- The National Council of Teachers of English is an organization dedicated to issues related to the teaching of English.
- The Conference on College Composition and Communication is the largest professional organization in the field of composition. Its annual conferences are attended by many in the Texas State MARC department.
- Kairos is an academic journal that concerns itself with rhetoric, technology, and pedagogy.
- The International Writing Centers Association fosters the growth and development of writing center directors and tutors.
- The Council for Writing Program Administrators is an association of university faculty with professional interests in directing writing programs.
- The Rhetoric Society of America is a professional organization dedicated to the study and teaching of rhetoric.
- Computers and Writing explores the ways in which computer-mediated communication affects our writing practices.